Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nonsense Rambling and Other Stuff

If there's anything I've learned over the last two weeks with college and everything, 
it's that life don't slow down for anyone.

I'm only now getting a moment to blog. I'm home for the weekend because it's Labor Day Monday and I have that off. I'm currently procrastinating doing some homework..

School has been great. More than I could have ever asked for it. I love how God gives you EXACTLY what you need, even down to the tiny details that I would just brush over if I was in His position,  when you need it, how you need it. He's taught me more about myself and the world in the past two weeks that I think I've ever learned.
Christian Studies is beginning to really feel right. God has been reassuring me every step of the way that following Him is the best decision I ever could make, that He will not leave me stranded, and that He is sovereign over everything. 

College is definitely a lot of work, more than I prepared myself for. But somehow (because of God, I'm sure), I'm managing to get through it all. I'm making friends and learning lots and studying and praying and doing ministry and being more me than I ever have been. I understand now why people always say they want a "fresh start". I never thought life was that bad that you would need a fresh start. 

But it is nice to not worry about how people judge you. High school was so many cliques and so many people waiting to watch you fall and so much hate. I'm finding it a lot easier to just be myself with people in college. Because, quite frankly, and not that it ever did matter, but it doesn't matter at all if people like me or not. I know who I am and that's plenty enough.

Anyway. I'm just rambling now. Must be the extreme exhaustion since I stay up too late and I can't seem to sleep past 7am. Later for now.

Oh yeah. I've been dealing with some stuff. I am realllllly tempted to blog about it, but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. So I'll just post this:

Matthew 5:11-12- "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and 
falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, 
because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way 
they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment