Friday, August 24, 2012

The Arms that Hold the Universe


Can I just start off by saying that God is SO GOOD?

So most of this post is a repeat of the one before because I'm just really good at doubting God.

I got off to a kind of rough start, mentally, with school. It was all fine until classes started and I started freaking out. I have a few Christian Studies classes and sitting there, I couldn't help but think "what the heck am I doing here?" Trying to answer questions, and failing, I was sure that I was in the wrong place, that there is no way that I'm supposed to really do this, that I'm not smart enough, good enough, or brave enough for this. It was intimidating and scary until God reminded me that He's still there.

Romans 12:12-Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Ephesians 3:20-21-Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 6:13-Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Romans 10:14-15-How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Isaiah 41:10-So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Everywhere I turned, there was something else to remind of God's presence. Church, BCM, Elevation Church online, notes from random people, random verses, verses of the day-God was all over EVERYTHING. I couldn't get away. And you know, it's reallllly hard to doubt God when He gets obnoxious with you.  

So, I guess it is a learning process. I can't go in expecting to know it all and have it be easy to me. A lot about Christian Studies is foreign to me, but I have God and He holds me. There's no reason to fear, no reason to want to hide, no reason to want to run from His plan. It is for HIS ultimate glory, not my own. And thank goodness the arms that hold the universe are holding me.

God is good.

Prayer Time: Thank you, God, for having a plan for me when I don't. Thank you for loving me through the doubt, for holding me through the skepticism. You are far too good. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment