Monday, September 17, 2012

Blaming God


“If you decide to continually choose to live the way you want to live and ignore God and His ways, you cannot then blame Him for the environment you created for yourself. You created that. He did not. Those that love Him intentionally live His way.” - Heather Lindsey

I need to preach for a moment, bear with me.

So many times, we decide to take matters into our own hands. We decide that whatever we want to create is better than what God wants to create in us. We fool ourselves into thinking that we know what's best for us. But the truth is that we have no idea.

We decide that our sin is worth it. It's worth reaching out to play with. And I'm totally preaching to myself on this one. So many times, I choose my way and I convince myself that living my way is okay. That it's not a problem.

And then I get frustrated and mad at God for the situation I'm in. “God, why are you doing this to me?” I always fail to realize that God doesn't put me in bad situations.  But I put myself into the situation that I'm in by choosing my ways over His ways.

"Surprisingly, I find over and over again that my greatest enemy of the greater life God has for me is...me." - Steven Furtick

We stop ourselves for moving ahead by choosing to stay behind with our sin.  God has greater plans for us, but we interrupt His plans by plotting against Him.  

We have to realize that when we choose sin, that's not anything of God.  God wouldn't choose for us to live that way.  God wouldn't choose the path of destruction for our lives.  He loves us and adores us and wants the absolute best for us.

So stop (still speaking to myself) living in your sinful past and move onto what God has for you next.  Stop blaming God when we put ourselves in situations when we make Him #2.  It's not His fault that we can't decide what to idolize- our filthy sins or the God of the Universe.

Prayer Time: God, I pray that we live boldly for you.  Not boldly in a sense of rebellious, worldly way, but in a soul-out, abandoned-to-God's-call way.  I pray that we recognize when we choose things over You and we recognize that we have no one to blame but ourselves.  I pray that you be glorified and exalted in our lives.  For it's in Your name that we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment