Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mommy

Y'all.
I just need to express how good my momma is.




Forreal, do not know what I would do without this woman. There is no one aside from Jesus that is as willing to give up their life for the lives of others. 

This week has been somewhat rough, in a few ways. It seems like all odds are against us. I've cried a lot, I've prayed a lot, asked a lot of questions, and tried real hard to understand. I consider it no accident that the word tonight at BCM (my new obsession!) was "Why do bad things happen to good people?" 

Again, as I always am, I'm back in the seat of being humbled by how God weaves. He pulls everything together and I just sit here with my head still spinning. 

Anyway. Back to Mom. I was really humbled, again, by how my mom works and how she would break her back to make her kids happy. I really saw that this week. She'd give up everything just for me to have something. She's made so many sacrifices for me and, although she doesn't always get it perfect, she tries hard as anything to be close.

So I guess this is to say thank you. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to cover it. I could never, ever really cover it. God is good and He gives you what you need begins to sum it up. But I think it goes beyond that. I think God is using Mom to show me the kind of sacrifice that He gave when He gave up his son on the cross. To me, with life and all the chaos it brings, I forget that sometimes. I love God and I'll live for Him, but I tend to forget all that He has done. I think God gave me the Godly, loving, caring, adoring, precious mom that I have to remind me of that, to show me that it's not easy, to put in my face, on some tiny, microscopic scale, how much He loves me.

So, Mom. Thank you a million times over. You're the best mom ever, even when you don't always get it right. You make me smile, you make me cry, you make everything I'm doing worth it.

Prayer Time: Dear God, I pray that you help me to better understand the sacrifice of your son. I pray that through my family, Your story will be exalted. I pray that I won't forget what You've done and what you gave up to give me life. Thank You for being good when I'm so not good. For it's in Your name that I pray.


1 Corinthians 13:4-7-Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.


By the way, sorry for the random, jumbled, "I-don't-know-what-I'm-talking-about" posts lately. My head is all over the dang place. But God is great and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, are there any words for this post except this young lady, payed, EARLY I might add, the only THANKS a parent/s look for in their child rearing years. Humbling to be sure.....

    ReplyDelete