Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BIRTHDAYYYYY


Happy First Spiritual Birthday to me!

One year ago today, I got baptized!  I was a late bloomer in that regard, I guess. Because I've been a Christian for two or three years. Haha, I'm doing great.

Today was great. I like having my baptism, no matter how late it was, as an annual reminder to celebrate God and God's grace. I feel like a totally different person now that I did at this time last year. I mean, at this time last year, I didn't even know that I was coming to Anderson? What?

Anyhow. Amanda, one of my sweet roommates, wrote me a note today. I've only known her for the short month that we've been here (it's officially a month today! WHAT?!), but she, along with my other roommates and "suitehearts" ;), have quickly become a huge part of my life. In my note, Amanda said this: "I don't know if you have noticed, but I look up to you as a leader to Christ. I feel as if God selected you to be my mentor to help guide me to His word and lead me to opportunities to live a better life through Him."

And I don't want to brag or sound conceited, but that is a dang good thing to hear. As soon as I start questioning whether or not I'm on the right track, as soon as I'm tempted to fall into my sinful life, God sends little things like this to me to remind me that I'm doing just fine. He is faithful and He is good, people. Hold firm to that promise.

It would be hard, as tempted as I am, to wrap up all I've learned over the past year in this blog post. It's been way to much. If I can leave you with anything, just know that God is surely alive, good, faithful, sovereign, loving, ultimate, and so, so, so worthy of our praise.

Great I Am - New Life Worship - if you listen to no other song, you HAVE to listen to this one!


"'... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20



"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11


"'I will not leave you until I have done what I promised you.'" Genesis 28:15

"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

My Christian Studies/ministry/I love Jesus a lot verse- 
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:24


I am so happy and so full now.


No comments:

Post a Comment