Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Having An Open Mind

Proverbs 1:5- ...let the wise listen and add to their learning, 
and let the discerning get guidance...
 


I think I've learned more about having an open heart in the last half a week than I have in my whole life.

It's funny to me how whenever we decide to have an open heart with God and we decide that maybe we do just need to trust Him, He always performs. If I ever thought God was showing up before, when my heart was closed, guarded, and only I knew how it worked, I didn't know anything. God has shown up more since last Saturday (seriously?! It's only been four days?!) than I've ever realized in my life. 

It's weird to talk about this because God is always there.
Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
God has made it clear that He is ever faithful and that He will reign. Looking back now, why was I ever so ignorant to doubt His presence? Why did I ever think that my plan was better than His place?

When we have open hearts, we welcome God. We let our minds be a place for Him to live, a place for His grace to reign, and a place for His glorious plan to unfold.

I'm learned to have an open heart to His will. Afterall, it is ten times better than my plan could ever be.

Classes start today. So I'm really trying to have an open heart. I know that if I do, God will show up, and what could be better than that?

Prayer Time: Dear God, thank you for this life. Thank you for sending Your Son to be murdered on a cross for my sins. Thank you for loving me and holding me, even though I doubt your will. I pray that I would have an open heart today to hear your will. I pray that this semester, I take heart in knowing that You are faithful, You are good, and that You adore me. I pray that I will be open to your will and that I will let it rule over my life. It's in your sweet name that I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment