Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Sectional Christian

Blog Playlist-These inspired my heart, so play these as you read:
This past Sunday at NewSpring Church, my future church that I'll be attending in Anderson (this is where I try REALLY hard to contain my excitement), we talked about being sectional eaters. Sectional eaters
  • eat their food, worst to best. Like start with the broccoli and end with the macaroni and cheese. It makes sense, like how we save dessert for last.
  • cannot let their food touch. To describe it as Perry did, "if your honey mustard gets all up in your coleslaw, you can't sleep that night." 
Well, we have sectional eaters in the church as well. These people confine Jesus to one small part of their plate and try to contain Him there. Here, God, this is Yours. The rest is mine, though. Don't you come over here. I can't have Jesus all over my plate.

This is like the box concept, too. We try to place God in a box and put Him up on the shelf or slide Him under the bed, so we can keep Him there and pull Him out whenever we want or whenever we think we need Him.


God ALWAYS seems to get me, haha. Just when I think that the sermon isn't pointed directly at me, I stumble across the part of my life where it IS pointed straight at me.


I move to Anderson in two days and I don't know my roommates, my professors, what my degree will be in, even my class schedule or the dimensions of the dorm room that I'll call Home. So I have no choice but to place all that in God's Hands. I'm a Christian Studies major, so it's easy to give that part to God. He'll have to lead me 'cause, forreal, I'm clueless about what I'm doing with my life. With my roommates, my rooming didn't turn out at all how I originally wished. So here, too, it's easy to say that God is all over that. He gave me everything that I didn't ask for, so He must have a huge plan for that. My room is an exception to the original dimensions (WHY NOT?!), so it's different than the layouts online that say what it should be. I'm changing my schedule (hahaha, of course!) because I'm no longer a Business major. 


So, with just about everything, I'm confused. I don't know anything so it's easy to put that in God's Hands because I have no control.


Control. This is where I have a problem.


This is where I confine God to that one, little section of my plate.God, you are here and here and here, but I need control. You can't have it ALL. That's too scary, I need my control.


What in the world am I thinking? How easily I forget the One that holds my today, my yesterday, my tomorrow, my whole world, my whole future, my whole everything.


I'm anxious and scared and nervous. Why am I stuck on believing that God will leave me stranded when He is leading me EVERY OTHER WAY? It's like a language barrier. I'm not putting the two together, even though it's all God and all His. Why am I anxious when the King of kings and Lord of lords is declaring my future? Why do I need control? Why do I need to be nervous?


God simply would not ever lead me in the wrong direction. That's not Him, that's not what He does. He came so that I may have LIFE and have it to the FULL (John 10:10).


So, Brenna, fear not. God holds, not only your rooming, your schedule, your major, your professors, but He holds it all. He has everything. He's got you covered, don't worry. He is going to lead you down the path for His ultimate glory. And seriously, though, what could be better than that?


Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Isaiah 40:31-but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. 

Prayer Time: Dear sweet God, thank You for always holding me. You never leave me even when I don't give you all my trust and control. You never forsake me, so I can trust in You. I pray that I always remember that You have the ultimate control, no matter how hard I try to have it. Thank You for your forgiveness and your mercy that You are pouring out on me. I praise You and love You and thank You for being with me as I'm about to move to Anderson. You are good and I pray that I always be reminded of that. For it's in Your name I pray.


Matthew 6:33-But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Psalm 119:105-Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.


The Sold Out Eater-a joyful plate filled high and wide

No comments:

Post a Comment