Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014: The Year of the Fabulous {Old Ways Won't Open New Doors}

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from your safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover."

2014.  She's finally here.

Long-awaited and long-anticipated, I was beyond thrilled to welcome 2014 in.  

2013 was a rough year for me.  It was long, hard, and trivial.  In the span of the year, I was happy, sad, depressed, anxious, stressed, content, feeling blessed, feeling not-so blessed, annoyed, and all around stretched.  I made more than a few mistakes and I did some things right.  I learned a lot, probably more than I would have liked to learn.  I met some people, re-met some, and forgot some others.  I have a few regrets (being much too patient with some people, chopping my hair off, not celebrating everyday more) and I have some prouder moments (getting a job, getting a 3.4 GPA, becoming the diva that I love).  But all-in-all, I don't think I would choose to do the year over again.

That's why Jesus is so good.  He gives us things like new years.  I'm not foolish enough to believe or say that I'll be a totally different person, solely because the world is another year older.  But I do know, and confidently say, that I have some changes to make and that I intend to make said changes to better myself.  Let's not call them "resolutions" because that sounds too weird for me.

Let's call them enhancements.  Being a lady and a diva is all about continually bettering yourself.  It's constantly thinking of ways to get better.  And with that said, I have more than a few enhancements to make.  But that's okay, cause life is about enhancements.

With that, here we go.  Boldly and confidently, we step into the Year of the Fabulous.  Embracing all things, we know, love, and trust that the Lord has big, big things for us.  I can't wait to share those big things and those not-so big things.  I hope you're as excited as I am.  

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness.  I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art--write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can.  And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself. - Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment