Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy November, Part 2

"Well, I am a strong believer in (1) love is a good thing. (2) Therefore, something good will come out of love. (3) So as long as we feel love, we will experience something good (even if we get something bad, too).  So love is never a waste of time or emotion."

Cindy is at it again.  Can't even begin to explain how needed those words were.

I've decided that I can either wallow in the fact that I naturally care too much or I can start to embrace it.  I'm choosing the latter.  Happy November.

Day 7-November 7th:
I'm thankful for Target.  Thankful for alone time and space.  Lord knows I need it, desperately and often.


Day 8-November 8th:
I'm thankful for funny, ridiculous friends that make me smile a lot.  I'd seriously be nowhere without those people.

Day 9-November 9th: 
I'm so thankful for family and I don't say that enough.  I'm thankful that I'm wired for community.  I'm thankful that God gave me people to pick me up when I can't pick myself up.  I'm thankful for a sister and a mom that serve as my best friends.

Day 10-November 10th:
I'm thankful for friends, old and new.  I'm thankful for laughs, ridiculous quotes, and the chance to still create friendship.

Day 11-November 11th:
I'm thankful for this country.  Thankful for what it stands for, even if we are losing what we stand for.  Thankful for the people, the land, and those serving to give me life.  I'm fully aware that I take this one for granted often.

Day 12-November 12th:
I'm thankful for words.  I'm thankful that words can explain emotions.  I'm thankful that I'm comfortable to be alone and to rest.  Thankful for the ability to read and to appreciate literature.

Day 13-November 13th:
I'm thankful for my car.  Thankful that I can come and go as I please.  Obviously November is a time where I've needed lots of alone time.

Day 14-November 14th:
I'm thankful for sweet, encouraging souls.  Thankful that people believe in me when I don't believe in myself.

Day 15-November 15th: 
I'm thankful for birthdays, even when they aren't mine.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to celebrate life because it is really dang worth celebrating, even when it's pretty crappy.

Day 16-November 16th: 
I'm thankful for a mom that believes in retail therapy.

Day 17-November 17th:
I'm thankful that divorce is hardly a factor in tearing a family apart if you don't let it.  I'm thankful that my family is civil enough to get together and to love on each other.  I'm also thankful for tough conversations.  I don't see it now, but someday, I'll be better because of them.

Day 18-November 18th:
I'm thankful for good music.  I'm thankful that it can lift spirits.  I'm thankful that it can cleanse souls and refresh hearts.  I'm thankful for words that are too dramatic for emotions that are out of hand.  I'm really thankful for good music.


November is rough, rough, rough.  I appreciate your prayers.  We'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment