Monday, September 2, 2013

hashtag uh?

Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips

Disclaimers:

  1. My emotional state is highly questionable right now.  You've been warned.
  2. That song is just really good.  Somewhat irrelevant to this post, but that's alright, I think.
  3. My blogs are always the same? Thanks for reading anyway, I'm super grateful for y'all.
I cannot even stress how good Jesus' faithfulness is.  #divineintervention is basically the story of my life always and definitely recently.

On Sunday, at NewSpring, we talked about a lot of things, but a few things hit me straight in the heart.  One of them was this:

You determine the size of your miracle.  
Fill it all the way and be blessed all the way.  
Fill it halfway, receive half the blessing.  
The same measure we use is the same measure given back to us.

WHOA.  Knock me on my back.  
I often try to get God to bless things that I've never turned over to Him.  "Jesus, please work in this relationship, but I'm still in control of it and I'm calling the shots except for all that is good that you decide to do because I want you to do good things and be good to me and, and, and, and."
What kind of sense does that make?  Why do we (I) think that that's the way it works?

If we want Jesus to bless something, we have to give it to Him to bless.  He's waiting to get His hands on our things, but our selfishness keeps it from Him. 

My selfishness amazes me because it literally knows NO END.  And my craving for Jesus amazes me because I do it so, so wrong. 

To attempt to wrap this (my thought process, this post, and the raging thoughts in my head) up, I'm giving up.  Giving up on fighting losing fights and trying to impress people and chasing, chasing, chasing what cannot be attained.  If it's in the Lord's will, it'll be.  If not, it won't.  Period, the end.  No "if"s, "except"s, "and"s, "but"s, "wait"s, "why"s.  Jesus is Jesus and Jesus is good.  And Jesus is working for MY good.  He's not selfish like I am (PRAISE THE HEAVENS).  

I pray that at least a small part of this encourages you.  I pray that Jesus' perfect peace and love would surround you.

Prayer Time: Jesus, thank you.  Thank you for grace, God.  Thank you for the cross and for what that means for us.  Thank you that we can walk in freedom and still boldly approach your throne as spotless and perfect.  Thank you for making Jesus, the only perfect one ever, imperfect for my behalf.  Knowing that I would run, thank you for giving up your son anyway.  Thank you for peace and love and for a chance to show that love to others.  I pray that this idea of giving to you for you to bless would not be an errant thought, God, but that this would remain on my heart as a reminder to keep myself in check.  Thank you for NewSpring and for the way you speak to us.  I pray that you would continue to silence our hearts and speak to us.  We praise you for who you are.  In your son's name I pray, amen.

this post was somewhat pointless.  Sorry I'm all over the place.  love you people <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment