Monday, April 8, 2013

Defining Brenna

Two months?! Has is really been that long?!

life has been on speed lately, hahah. I have somewhere in the ballpark of 25 days left of school before my freshman year is over.  and if that's not wild enough, how about the fact that I'll be 19 in a month and a half?

I feel like "times flies" is probably the biggest understatement of life, ever.  Really, time goes.  It doesn't just fly by, because that would say that we kind of see it pass, right?  No, time is just gone.  I thought I had time and now time is gone. left. over.

I guess you can guess that I'm a little distraught over time lately. Time has always stressed me out and now, it's definitely no different.  I love that summer is almost here, but I'm stressed thinking everything.

I'm going to attempt to explain what all has happened since my last post.  Bear with me (like always).  
I changed my major a couple weeks ago.  I'm now an Early Childhood Education major.  Ministry just didn't fit.  I learned that you can't call yourself to something—God has to do that, you know?  Full-time ministry just was not my calling.  So right now, I'm an Early Childhood Education major, Ministry minor.  And I feel good about that for the time being.  I don't know.  We'll see.  I've always struggled with things like this.  Like the future, hahahhaa.
I'll be an RA next year.  This is absolutely different than what I had planned for how I would spend the year, but the Lord had other plans for me (usually and typically).  I'm getting excited now because I know that it's all God's will for me.  I wouldn't have chosen this for myself, so I trust His judgment.
I'm learning a lot.  A lot doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.  So much is happening and I'm trying to grab what I can.  I know some of the decisions I'm making maybe aren't in my best interest, but I'm trying.  I'm failing in a lot of places, but I'm learning.  I'm growing up and right now, that's enough of an answer for me.  It sounds cliche, but I'm only young once, right?

It's kind of sad that I wrapped up my whole life from two months in two short paragraphs, hahaha.  But really, not all that much has changed.  I still love orange juice and springtime weather and home and sleeping.  Sleeping, lots and lots of sleeping.  In some places, I think I've matured, while in others, I've become more childlike.  No one told me freshman year would be like this, hah.  It's not really a problem, per say, just not what I expecting.

I guess I'm finding myself.  It's taking me a while, but it's about dang time.  I'm defining myself and I have no clue what that looks like now, but I look forward to knowing.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.  I do that even more now than I used to, so bear with me as I get back into the swing of things.  Love y'all, really.  


Colossians 3:12-15-  "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful."

No comments:

Post a Comment