Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy Heart

It always surprises me how differently I think now than I did before.  Like I'm not sure when or how or why exactly it all happened, but I look back, I'm so much more mature everyday than I was the day before.

I'm learning over and over what "happy" really is.  I always thought that I could arrive safely at Happy, where it'd be all smiles with a different kind of joy in my heart.  Quite frankly, I was believing that "Happy" was the place where I'd be married with kids and a big house and two dogs and all I'd have to do is love.

But that's not "Happy" at all.  Happy is what you make of it.  

I haven't perfected the art of that yet, but it's a beautiful, beautiful thing to be content.  Blissfully content.  Though things aren't perfect, there's a joy in my heart because I know it's all going to fall into place.  Somehow.  Some way.  My soul is at peace because for some reason, it's gonna be fine.

Even when things are rough and things aren't at all perfect, there's a certain kind of rest that comes from knowing Jesus.  Rest in who He is and who He says you are.

Your identity to Him is a beautiful thing.  He could never adore you more.  It's hard to glimpse that kind of love and worry about anything at all.  God is all over everything because He gave up His everything to give you everything.  How could He not work in all things?

That's content.  That's joy.  That's that little smile that you can't get rid of.


Psalms 5:11-12-But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, O LORD; you cover him with favor as with a shield.

Psalms 47:1-Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!

Psalms 96:11-13-Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy before the LORD, for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness.



No comments:

Post a Comment