Friday, April 18, 2014

all the things.

Well, I think that it's safe to say that I failed at not complaining during Lent.  Likeeeee big time fail. 

While I was complaining, I was also doing other things with myself.  I'll catch you up to speed on some of the last 40+ days. 

I have officially changed my major, for the fifth (AND SO FINAL THAT IT ISNT EVEN FUNNY) time. I'm officially a Communications major.  Which I'm thrilled about.  Like ecstatic about.  I am certain (and praying) that this time, I finally got it right.  An added bonus of this is that I will hopefully (fingers crossed!) graduate on time.  And the current dream, after graduation, would be to either (a) go into event planning or (b) work PR for a non-profit.  Or journalism.  It'll be fun to see what the Lord has for me. 

I can't believe I'm about to finish my fourth semester of college.  WHAT.  Theres a week and a half left.  Which is so, so wild.  Any and all prayers as I head into finals are appreciated. 

This summer will be interesting.  I'll be at home, working, while my friends travel the world and work summer camps and impact the lives of high schoolers and all.  I'm not jealous, I just anticipate seeing how it'll all turn out.  Jesus is funny. 

I think I'm in the midst of re-falling in love with Him.  Falling in love with the promises, the faithfulness, and the sacrifice.  With the authority, the ability, and the prosperity.  With the grace. So much grace.  Jesus is very, very good.  And my hope is that my life would point only to that goodness. 

In the midst of the recent chaos, I'm thankful for constant things.  Things that can be counted on, sure foundations.  I'm thankful for sweet and loving friends, feelings that get a little fuzzy sometimes, but are, nonetheless, good, family that listens to me tell all sorts of wild stories, college, money, uncomfortable situations, all of that.  Being content in Jesus is a nice thing because then, and only then, can you experience true happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment