Friday, November 2, 2012

Feeling Disgusting

Anyone else feel like this week would never, ever, ever end?

Well, it's finally Friday! FINALLY.

I want to talk about something tonight that I've kind of been struggling with in my head lately.  It's been a long, long week and if I can confess and be real for a moment, I haven't been at all like the Christian that I should be.  I don't want to go into the thousands of ways I've sinned because we would be here forever and a day.  But my sin has been very evident and very in-my-face this week.  I'm not sure if it's because I have been so on-the-go that I haven't had time to stop and rest or if it's because God is calling me out on it.  Whichever reason, I can't ignore my sin this week.

Last night, at BCM, we were singing The Anthem by Planetshakers and I began to feel so convicted.  Like how in the world can I come before such a holy and righteous God when the both of us know what I've been doing?  It's weird, but I was disgusted with myself.  It brought tears to my eyes because I felt so ashamed and guilty for even thinking about entering the presence of the Almighty God with all sin.

But I started to think.  And I realized that this is what Jesus came for.  He is the Risen King; He came to wipe my slate clean.  Before I could ever repent, He came to make me clean.  He is righteous and when He went to the cross, He made me righteous.  My sin doesn't define me.  My uncleanliness does repulse God, but the veil has been torn and through my Lord Jesus Christ, I have been made righteous.

I never really understood what that meant.  But because He is holy, I am holy.  I could never do anything to earn the title that I have been given.

Ladies and Gentlemen, our God is so good.  We are forgiven and we are free.  The chains are gone.  Christ is Lord and He has won the victory.  Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment